Sunday, December 30, 2007

Podcasts

I know they are out there - I've read the articles and looked for some podcasts - but, to be honest, I'm just not interested! I listened to podcasts from Meet the Press and I prefer the TV show! I don't listen to the radio, (unless I don't have an audio book!), I have an iPod and barely use it - although I do have some audio books on it!! (One of the NPR podcasts I did listen to was this one!)

(I don't want to have to download any client(s) or have another account anywhere - I mean really - Google, Yahoo, Meebo, PBWiki, Wikispaces - I'm having trouble keeping up with user IDs and passwords as it is!!)

I can see where having podcasts of lectures would be helpful for training purposes - for example, LCDT sessions that people couldn't attend might do well as podcasts or vodcasts. I think it would benefit us to video the main speakers at All Staff Day (with permission of course) and extract YouTube videos as well as podcasts and vodcasts.

Personally, I'll stick with reading webpages and watching TV!

(Example of what I was thinking: Conversations with Stephen Abram)

No comments: