Sunday, December 16, 2007

Tagging

I've been using delicious for a few weeks now and have to admit that it's so much easier to have my bookmarks online and available at whatever computer I happen to be using. I also enjoy looking at bookmarks others have collected - although I haven't actually bookmarked anything for anyone else nor have I had someone bookmark something for me! (I have high hopes though!)

I particularly like the fact that I don't have to worry about organizing the bookmarks as I'm adding them - the tags take care of all that! I don't have to worry about alphabetizing or making sure that the bookmark is in the right folder (as I do on the browser - unless I want a huge list to go through!). The ability to have multiple tags (descriptors) for each site also helps to ensure that I actually can find a site again!

I'm very pleased that the delicious buttons installed easily at work (as a toolbar that can be turned off and on) - it makes adding things possible and keeps me from forgetting where things are! I have been known to email myself URLs so I don't lose them!!

(I've also been able to save the Google Reader "subscribe" button in the favorites "links" but that's another story!)

As you can see in the sidebar, I've added my badge from delicious - feel free to look at my bookmarks and, if you want, please add me to your network! From the sidebar, you'll also see that I have a Technorati account too - but I must admit I've been lax in exploring all aspects of that site. Soon I hope!

No comments: