Friday, December 28, 2007

Year-End (almost)

The year is almost over – and, although it means another year older, I'm pretty happy that it's almost done! It's been a roller coaster year and, although it's ending on a upswing, there's always that fear/anticipation of the free fall at the top of the hill!

My mother's health is good – much improved over the middle of the year when she was in the hospital and the outlook was grim. She's home, mobile and doing well. We just have to appreciate every day that's left to us and cherish our time together.

My personal life is doing well too! We're getting things settled in at home and, so far, the commute hasn't been horrendous for Don! (And I'm enjoying the TRUCK!!). My children are well - happy and healthy - and I can't ask for more than that!

I am buying a new hot water heater for the townhouse (very unexpected) but hopefully that will cure some of the leaking problems Scott & Michelle have had to deal with over the year. (Of course we thought it was "cured" before! Darn QUEST piping!!)

I have plans for the house – pending budgets and time and all the planets lining up in the right order!! We'll see how much actually gets done at this time in 2008!!

I hope everyone has a very Happy New Year and a prosperous 2008!

Now - I'm off to get my hair cut and go to the Kennedy Center to see My Fair Lady!

2 comments:

Susan Marziani said...

Sounds like you have had quite a year in 2007. I hope 2008 is a happy one for you and you accomplish all that you set out to do. Have fun in D.C. - wow - taking in a show - how cool! Talk to you next week and have a safe holiday....Susan

Anonymous said...

I'll be interested to hear all about 'My Fair Lady!'