Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cats & the "Fire Box"

The cats are both fascinated with the fireplace - and love it when it's turned on (obviously it's a gas fireplace - done because it's so much easier than real wood!!). They'll vie for the ottoman in front it - or as we call it - the cat hair couch (because of all the cat hair that can be deposited in one week!!) - and spend hours gazing into the fire!

Of course, I like the fireplace too and love to sit with my feet up on the ottoman - BUT - that's definitely frowned upon by the furry bundles who've claimed it for their (separate) own! It usually works out - I have one small corner of the ottoman - the cat currently claiming it has the rest!

I've thought of getting another ottoman or stool for the kitties - but I'm sure that they'd ignore it and keep the one we already have! I'd be the one with the stool!! So I guess we'll have to continue sharing the one we have!

2 comments:

Susan Marziani said...

Zip loves the fireplace too as does the dog. She'll drag her bed over in front of it sometimes. Don't you know that cats win every time?

Diane Wetterlin said...

How true!