Saturday, January 26, 2008

Just another day at Oceanfront

Today was a good day for me - tired and all!! I got lots cleaned up - shredded, recycled, filed and generally cleaned. I also got an evaluation written (YEA!!) and have plans for some others that need to be written.

But along with all the good things that happened, we had the rescue squad twice (for the same person) today!! One of our homeless customers had a seizure outside the building (the first time) and we called the rescue squad. However, when they got to the library, the customer was awake and refused treatment. Unfortunately he had 3 other seizures during the day and after the last one we again called for help! This time he was taken out on a stretcher.

On another note: we discovered that some ingenious folks have discovered a way to circumvent the software we use to log people onto the Internet. We require a library card and PIN to log into one of our computers. These busy people found a way around that (and our session timers!). Luckily for us, some of them were willing to tell us how they did it!

A call was made to our IT department - and we're waiting for the fix to close this new loophole!!

SIGH!

2 comments:

Susan Marziani said...

I hope you filled out the proper paperwork before you started shredding those papers! Wow, you've been busy with your blog, as usual. We're going to a movie at 1:00 then I hope to bring my world up to date. We'll see if it happens. I still have my resounding Web 2.0 evaluation to write as well. Better get it done before Super Bowl next weekend.

ddt said...

GEEZ!! Customers figured out how to circumvent SAM? OMG. I'd be interested in hearing that story...