Saturday, January 5, 2008

Coming to an End

Our Library 2.0 is almost finished! We have one more week of "Things" and then a week where we write our thoughts about the training. It's been an interesting experience - lots of good things and some not-so-good things. I'm very hopeful that we will be asked to provide feedback on our experiences - beyond the philosophical posting that we're asked to do.

Throughout the 12 weeks I've been jotting down thoughts, ideas and concerns about the training and the experiences I've had (and seen with co-workers). I think this method of training certainly has merit and I would love to see additional trainings done in a similar way but there were speedbumps along the way that must be addressed! They must be addressed even if we don't use this method again, because (I'm assuming) we're going to have this particular training available for new hires! (I know, I know, in the not-so-distant future, our new hires will already have this knowledge without 3 months of slogging through blogging!!)

Enough philosophy at the moment - I could go on (and on and on) but maybe that's the subject of another post or just a memo to the "powers that be"!!

1 comment:

Susan Marziani said...

As noted to you on the phone, when it's all said and done, I'd like to see your "thoughts" you want to present on the whole 2.0 thing-a-ma-jig. Wow, has it been 12 weeks already with this stuff? Whew!