Sunday, January 6, 2008

Library Thing

I tried Library Thing some time ago because, at one time, I had a file box with over 600 cards - the books that were in the house at the time - fiction, non-fiction, work, military, children's. We started the project primarily because we were moving all the time and keeping track of all the books was a problem. In addition, we had to separate the military "professional" books from the others. I looked at Library Thing as an electronic answer to this situation - but time had moved on! I deleted that account after a few days of playing with it.

My situation has changed - in many ways - and now I simply have books. I enjoy seeing my books but I don't need or want a catalog of them. In fact, I'm in the process of recycling many of my books so the updating the of the catalog would take too much of my time! I can see the benefit of this site for those who are inclined to organize and share their books and reading. (Maybe that's another reason it's not for me - I don't share well!!)

I created a new account for this lesson. I've added some titles and will post my link ( also see the side panel) - however, I will be deleting my account sometime later this year! It's simply one more account to maintain and I have enough that I intend to continue using!

No comments: