Friday, January 11, 2008

Interviewing - from My Side of the Table

Interviewing is one of the most difficult things in the whole world (in my humble opinion)! I'm a very introverted person and don't have a great deal of self-esteem (I'm working on it!!) so putting myself on display AND bragging on myself is very difficult!

HOWEVER, what many people don't realize, until they have to do it, actually asking the questions is hard too!! I've just spent two days asking the same questions and listening to talented people give me answers! I'm always impressed with the calibur of people we have applying (and working) in Virginia Beach!

My hat is off to all the applicants who gritted their teeth, conquered their fears and put themselves on display - thank you for coming, listening and answering the questions!

Thanks too, to my teammates - it was wonderful working with y'all again - lunch yesterday was good - today a tad rushed!! All in all a good experience! And I can safely say that I'm glad I wasn't the one having to answer the questions!!

3 comments:

Susan Marziani said...

I have to agree. It's one thing to be on the receiving end of the questions, but to have to repeat the same thing over and over and over again can get tiring. But you get a whole new appreciation for the whole process, no?

Diane Wetterlin said...

Definitely!!

Marti said...

I've been reading through your blog and have really enjoyed it. Having been through an interview lately with you across the table from me I can truly say you made my part so much easier! You were funny and put me at ease! Thanks for being on your side of the table!